There’s no getting around it—marketing isn’t what it used to be. In decades past, print ads, billboards, or TV commercials were the obvious choice for getting a product or service in front of a target audience.
Now, the options are limitless: SMS or email? Facebook ads or GoogleAds? YouTube videos or TikTok? Yet with all of the focus on disruptive and innovative marketing, certain methods stand the test of time. B2B telemarketing services are still one of the best ways to bring in new leads, gather feedback, and foster relationships.
But what are B2B calls? And what is B2B cold calling? Should every business engage in cold calling? Check out our guide to learn more about the most essential B2B telemarketing examples and definitions.
What Is B2B Telemarketing?
B2B telemarketing is a type of marketing in which one business calls another business to sell a product or service. Many companies outsource this task to B2B call centers, which specialize in either inbound calls, outbound calls, or a combination of both.
Who Does B2B Telemarketing?
Any company that sells to another company can benefit from B2B telemarketing. Some of the common industries that use telemarketing are software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies, healthcare companies, financial service providers, and more.
Telemarketing can be conducted by an in-house sales team, or it can be outsourced to a third-party company that specializes in telemarketing. Outsourcing allows companies to save time and resources, cut costs, and get the expertise of a company that specializes in telemarketing.
What Are the Two Categories of Telemarketing?
Telemarketing generally comes in the form of either inbound or outbound calling. Here’s what you should know about each type.
Inbound telemarketing is initiated by another business that is interested in learning more about your product or services. They might call, email, or engage in social media conversations in order to reach out to the company. Telemarketers will handle these inquiries and pass on qualified leads to the sales team. At this point, the sales team aims to close the deal and gain a new client or customer.
Outbound telemarketing is when contact is initiated by your own company in an effort to bring in new clients. This is where cold calling comes in, the act of calling a potential client without any previous contact. Though many sales teams dread the thought of cold calling, it’s an effective sales method when executed correctly.
Outbound telemarketers should have solid people skills, know how to catch the attention of potential clients, and identify decision-makers within the organization.
Types of B2B Telemarketing Calls
Telemarketing includes a wide range of services, from appointment setting to customer support. Here are some of the most common types of B2B telemarketing calls.
- Lead generation: Telemarketers contact other businesses to find potential clients that may be interested in goods or services.
- Appointment setting: Once a lead demonstrates greater interest in the product, a telemarketer books an appointment so the lead can learn more or get a demo from a sales agent.
- Surveys: Want to learn more about your target audience? Wondering how to improve your product? Over-the-phone surveys can help you do just that.
- Customer support: Your clients want high-quality customer service, and if yours is lacking, you can rely on telemarketers to help answer questions, respond to inquiries, resolve problems, and more.
- Market analysis: If you’re launching a new product or want to grow your target audience, it’s important to analyze the market. B2B telemarketing is a great way to learn more about what your customers want and how to better appeal to them.
- Event registration and signup: When you’re hosting an event, it can be difficult to worry about all the particulars of registration and sign-ups. Ensure your event is a success by assigning telemarketers to help with the registration process.
- Database updating: It’s important to keep your data organized if you want to produce consistent, qualified leads and increase conversions. Your telemarketing team can help improve your pipeline by regularly updating your database.
What Does B2B Telemarketing Accomplish?
B2B telemarketing has many clear benefits, including increased business opportunities, lead generation, and brand awareness. If you’re ready to home in on your target market and increase your profit margins, consider telemarketing. Here’s what B2B telemarketing can accomplish for your business.
1. Generate Leads
Lead generation is one of the most important parts of building a thriving sales pipeline. And since 82% of buyers accept meetings when a salesperson reaches out to them via phone, it’s clear that outbound telemarketing works to grow those leads. In fact, approximately 51% of business owners prefer to talk to salespeople over the phone, rather than by email or other channels.
2. Build Brand Awareness
Not every telemarketing interaction is going to result in a direct sale. It takes an average of 6 calls in order to make a sale, meaning that a lot of telemarketing is focused on building brand awareness. As potential clients become more familiar with your brand, they’ll be more open to purchasing in the future.
3. Find Business Opportunities
While lead generation is often the main goal of B2B telemarketing, some of those leads might turn into other promising business opportunities. By talking with like-minded decision-makers, you just might come across chances to partner with other companies in a unique way.
How to Get Started with B2B Telemarketing
Ready to incorporate B2B telemarketing in your company’s strategy? Before you get started, it’s important to do your research and train your staff appropriately. Quality B2B telemarketing requires:
- Researching your target market
- Identifying potential clients
- Setting up your physical telemarketing center
- Staffing your telemarketing team
- Training your sales team on inbound or outbound sales techniques
- Ongoing management
- Analyzing reports and improving telemarketing strategies
Outsourcing Your B2B Telemarketing
For many companies, the thought of conducting B2B telemarketing in-house is overwhelming. Fortunately, outsourcing B2B telemarketing services offers a streamlined and cost-effective alternative. If you’re looking to save time and money by hiring qualified experts, outsourcing may be the best option for you.
Contact ROI Call Center Solutions to learn more about our B2B telemarketing services. We’ll help you increase your bottom line, generate leads, and build lasting relationships with your clients. We only hire the most professional, talented agents to uphold your brand image in the industry. Get in touch today for a free quote.