5 Ways to Generate Leads Without Cold Calling
In case you missed the memo, cold calling is dead, and nobody cried at the funeral.
According to studies conducted by the Keller Research Center and Telenet and Ovation Sales Group, a measly 1% of cold calls end in appointments and it takes an average of eight calls to even reach a valuable prospect. Those numbers alone should be enough reason to sweep what remains of your cold-calling strategies out the door and welcome in a new age of powerful and personalized lead generation.
There’s no limit to the ways you can generate leads without cold calling, but we’ve got a list of tried and tested ideas to get you started.
Embrace Social Media for Business
Whether you like it or not, social media is one of the greatest tools you have at your disposal when it comes to generating leads without cold calling. If you haven’t seen worthy results from your social efforts in the past, you’re not doing it right. We know social media for business can be a huge pain, but if you learn how to use it to your advantage and invest in some time-saving tools, it may just become your new favorite method for generating leads.
Utilize Your Personal Social Profiles
By using your personal social network to the advantage of your company, you can reach new prospects and create new opportunities for valuable connections.
Use your personal social network to be that one guy. You know, the guy who does that thing. When someone openly expresses a need for a service, what comes next is often a helpful statement that sounds a little like this: “I know a guy who does that.” You can be that guy by making your occupation crystal clear on your social profiles. Let your network know what you do and post about it just enough to be the first person that comes to mind when they hear a comment about the service you provide.
Become a Leader
One of the best ways to generate leads without cold calling is to become a leader in useful information relevant to the goods and/or services that you provide. Become a source for how-to guides, simple tips, and helpful answers in your industry. By doing so, you’ll establish your authority and credibility, quickly and easily gain the trust of potential clientele, and rise above your competition.
We understand that this step may be easier said than done, but it’s an incredibly powerful way to generate leads who already know and trust your brand. Here are the best ways you can become a leader in supplying your industry’s audience with useful information:
- Create and maintain a consistent and helpful blog
- Teach a relevant course in your storefront/warehouse
- Teach an ecourse and upload it to your own website, social media channels, or even an instructor website like Udemy
- Host a webinar
- Write guest posts for other websites with high traffic
- Offer free informational downloads, ebooks, pamphlets, etc.
- Participate in speaking engagements relevant to your field
Get Referrals and Testimonials
If you work hard to provide your customers with noteworthy customer service, they’ll likely have great things to say about you. It’s okay for you to take advantage of that reward by asking current clients for a glowing testimonial or a few referrals. You can even offer an incentive for each referral or create some sort of referral program, but more often than not, a satisfied customer will be happy to pay it forward if you simply ask.
Strengthen Your Web Presence
Another fantastic tool in your lead-generation toolbox is a strong web presence. We live in a digital age, which means your business should be highly visible and accessible in the digital world. Without a thriving web presence, your company is at a massive disadvantage. Use the following key components to QC your digital stamp and bring it up to par to reach a wider audience and enhance your lead generation.
- Make sure your website has a clean design, is easy to navigate, and is mobile friendly. Don’t overwhelm website visitors with cramped columns and an unnecessary amount of information.
- Complete all of your company’s social media profiles with as much information as they allow. Link to your website, add products, and provide visitors with all the information they need to determine whether or not you can help them.
- Ensure your website is up to date with Google’s latest policies and optimized for SEO. Otherwise, your company will never stand a chance at being found online by people searching for the services and/or products you provide.
- Create and optimize additional accounts, such as Google My Business, for added exposure. Complete local listing profiles, or pay for a service to do it for you, such as Yext or Moz Local.
Don’t waste any more of your time on cold calls. Embrace the digital age and think outside the box to generate leads without cold calling by developing rich and personal connections. If you need even more ways to generate valuable leads and grow your business, visit ROI Solutions online for a free consultation or contact us for more information!