The way we do business has been shifting—at times stealthily, at other times wildly—into an increasingly online world where we can do anything and everything. Years ago, businesses and companies operated person-to-person. With the advent of the internet and the increasingly digitized world we operate in, it’s no surprise that having a strictly online business is now a successful and lucrative venture.
Internet-based companies can work really well, but how do you make your eCommerce business stand out? What can you do to entice more customers and gain a steadier footing in the online world of selling and trading? That’s what we’re here to help with. Read on to learn how to improve eCommerce customer service for your business.
What Are the 3 Types of eCommerce?
eCommerce is the name given to the activity of electronically buying or selling products through online services or over the internet. There are many different types of eCommerce, but the three most distinct and widely known are:
- B2C: Business to customer
- B2B: Business to business
- C2B: Consumer to business
While there are some differences between a B2B and B2C eCommerce situation, the ultimate goal remains the same: Sell your product or your service to your customer. Therefore, customer service is relevant to each type of eCommerce, regardless of who the customer is.
What Are the Services That eCommerce Companies Need?
To run a successful eCommerce business, you’ll need access to a number of online services, including things like mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management knowledge, internet marketing know-how, online transaction processing, and electronic data interchange.
All these pieces help make up a whole, successful online business. While these are necessary components, you won’t find any success through your business without investing a great deal of time and energy into eCommerce customer service.
What Is eCommerce Customer Service?
eCommerce customer service refers to how you provide your clients and customers with assistance, how you resolve issues, and how you create a seamless customer experience across platforms and various channels.
eCommerce Customer Service Guide
Wondering how you can improve online customer service? eCommerce customer service best practices include implementing the following suggestions:
- Use More Product Information on Your Website: Make it easier for potential customers to see what you have to offer.
- Make Your User Interface More Navigable: The customers you’re targeting don’t have a lot of time to sift through pages and pages of information. Help them make choosing you easy by having a clean interface and fast onsite searching.
- Streamline Mobile: A large number of consumers use mobile devices to access the internet. Target them and make your product more appealing by making sure it’s easy to navigate your website on mobile.
- Leverage Social Media to Your Advantage: Customers are on social media all the time—whether representing their business or as individuals. The better presence you maintain on social media platforms, the more likely your potential customers will trust you and your product.
- Be Flexible on Pricing: Offer flexible prices on your products, especially for B2B companies. By providing discounts for buying in bulk, you can offer more competitive prices to larger companies.
- Track Customer Satisfaction Scores and Use Them: A long-term business relationship always beats a one-time purchase. Show your customers that you’re worth the effort by keeping track of and displaying current or past customer satisfaction scores or ratings.
- Hire Dedicated eCommerce Customer Service Specialists: Consider creating eCommerce customer service jobs specific to your needs. If adding dedicated workers isn’t feasible, consider outsourcing to experts and taking advantage of their professional customer service skills.
Improve Your eCommerce Customer Service with ROI Solutions
Discover how ROI Solutions can help you enhance and improve customer service interactions for your eCommerce business today. Affordable, scalable, and professional, ROI Call Center Solutions may be just what you need to upgrade your eCommerce customer service offerings.